“Social media isn’t a fad. It’s a fundamental shift in the way we communicate.”
Socialnomics Author, Erik Qualman
Have you noticed that the social media EXPLOSION is transforming “word of mouth” into “world of mouth”?
Statistics back this up:
- If Facebook were a country it would be the world’s 3rd largest ahead of the US and only behind China & India.
- Over 50% of the world’s population is under 30-years-old & 96% of them have joined a social network
- The fastest growing segment on Facebook is 55-65 year-old females
- Facebook tops Google for weekly traffic in the U.S.
- Years to Reach 50 millions Users: Radio (38 Years), TV (13 Years), Internet (4 Years)
- 78% of consumers trust peer recommendations while only 14% trust advertisements
- 80% of companies use social media for recruitment
- Social Media has overtaken porn as the #1 activity on the Web
(Socialnomics author, Erik Qualman; 2010)